there’s something really interesting in this passage that I wanted to point out
Trelawney assumes that Harry was born in midwinter because of his “dark hair” and “mean stature” and “tragic losses so young in life”
Tom Riddle was born in midwinter, is describe in CoS as resembling Harry, and his mother died right after his birth
Harry has a piece of Voldemort’s soul in him
that’s why Trelawney made that assumption
TRELAWNY WAS ACTUALLY A GREAT SEER SHE JUST MESSED UP SOMETIMES AND ACTED A LITTLE GOOFY SO NO ONE TOOK HER SERIOUSLY
BECAUSE CLASSICAL ALLUSIONS
For those of you who don’t know your Greek mythology, Cassandra was the daughter of the King and Queen of Troy. Apollo tried to get in her pants by giving her the gift of prophecy and took nice guy douche-bagging to a godly level by cursing her when she turned him down.
The curse? That she would never be believed.
So all of Cassandra’s warnings to the people of Troy fell on deaf ears.
And in case you don’t remember, Trelawny mentions that her great-great-grandmother’s name was … you guessed it… “Cassandra”
[reads summary of fic] THIS IS WHAT I WANT
[reads first 10 words of fic] this is not what i want
I hit words at random on iOS 8’s new predictive text feature so I could see what type of sentence my phone thinks I’m likely to say, and
the level of fierceness in this one gif is overwhelming
Chinese SWAT officer unable to get time off 24 hr shift to take wedding photos. Studio comes to his station instead. [via]
Everybody needs to step they game up I swear this shit goes so hard.
Person: I’m a woman and I don’t need feminism
What she’s actually saying:
- My life is perfectly okay and I don’t really care what other women go through
- I think feminists are just whiny and can’t take jokes that perpetuate harmful stereotypes
- I believe that people are just obsessed with political correctness
- I am blind to the fact that there are still problems faced by women
- I have forgotten that feminism gave women rights such as the right to vote
- I have no idea that feminism is an egalitarian movement that fights for everyone’s rights regardless of sex, gender, sexuality, race, religion, nationality, and ethnicity but mostly focuses on women’s rights.
- I am more concerned about semantics rather than human rights
- I can’t distinguish between real feminists and shitty people who call themselves feminists
- I still believe in the false notion that feminism is about hating men
- I actually don’t understand what feminism is
I love this post so much
my hand slipped
with their new hit song, “Randomly Searching 4 U”
I am re-reblogging just because that was so good
I think this one’s an Always Reblog, because the picture, the illustration, and the song title are just too perfect together.
he just sums up his life in 2 sentences
I DONT CARE I LOVE HIM